Sunday, January 6, 2013

Workin hard for what?

I taught all day (well, 72% of the day) Thursday and Friday and then worked at Target from 4:30 to close (I was on the floor, so we close at 11, I don't get out until 11:30 to 12:30 depending on the mess and if we have to change the signs). I really don't mind either job, I tend to enjoy my time more often than hate it at both. Although there are points of wishing away the day at both. But I've had much worse jobs, I've also had jobs I've enjoyed more, but they aren't too bad.

But, oh my, can those hours make a mess of my house! Old Man is trying harder than he used to, but when I went back to school on Wednesday the house was mostly picked up, not truly clean, but I could open the door to company with only a little embarrassment. But Saturday morning I got up to a house where there were few, if any, calm places to lay my eyes. That is so disheartening to me. In my mind, I know I can't do everything, and I would rather sit and cuddle with my kiddos during my few hours off this weekend. But no, I spent most of the day cleaning Saturday, then worked 5:30 to 12:30. Today the guys had a wrestling tournament which took most the day. I spent a good portion of the evening cleaning, organizing, and folding the laundry I washed yesterday. I still feel behind, sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment